Windhoek Day Trips
“…should be how every traveler to Windhoek kicks off their vacation! There is no better way to begin to know the city and surrounding area than with a great tour by Josef, who led us through the historical downtown, the vibrant market, and the surrounding Township, all with fantastic commentary.”
– Joe Sacchetti, TripAdvisor review
Why Book a WIndhoek Day Trip?
Spend the day exploring the Namibian capital, Windhoek, on a range of scheduled day tours. Activities range from historical and cultural tours to wildlife and nature experiences. Experiences on offer include watching big carnivores being fed, participating in animal welfare and conservation learning about Windhoek’s colonial history.
Our scheduled daily departures are ideal for solo travellers or families who want to keep busy before their safari tour in Namibia.
About our Windhoek Day Trips
- Diverse Experiences: Immerse yourself in various day tours & activities ranging from historical and cultural tours to wildlife and nature experiences. Explore Windhoek’s colonial history, or venture into the natural landscapes surrounding the capital for a day of adventure.
- Wildlife Encounters: Witness the feeding of lions, leopards, cheetahs, wild dogs, and caracals at a beautiful wildlife sanctuary east of Windhoek. The half-day safari offers a close-up view of some of Africa’s most fascinating predators.
- Cultural Diversity: Explore the cultural richness of Namibia through the NAM Flava Township Tour. Travel in an old, original Volkswagen Bus while experiencing the vibrant cultural diversity of Windhoek.
- Scenic Game Drives: The Scenic Game Drive Activity offers a superb opportunity to view big cats, followed by an afternoon game drive to spot even more Namibian wildlife. It’s an excellent way to quickly get acquainted with the country’s abundant wildlife.
- Guided Hiking Adventures: Escape the city’s hustle for a morning hike along the riverbeds, valleys, and hills in the Khomas Hochland Mountains at Daan Viljoen National Park. Learn about local fauna & flora from your hiking guide and enjoy a rewarding brunch before returning to Windhoek.