Tour options, Cancellation policy, Namibia's entry requirements and more...
We know travelling during the covid-19 pandemic can be daunting, and there is conflicting information EVERYWHERE, but our goal is to make your holiday as easy as possible, starting with the planning process. Here is a list of things we think you need to know to get to Namibia during the pandemic.
Getting to Namibia:
If you are looking at travelling to Namibia during the pandemic to and wish to bypass South Africa, then here are some options:
- Ethiopian Airlines (transit via Addis Ababa)
- Lufthansa (transit via Frankfurt) – as of 1 December non Germans can only transit through Frankfurt so please ensure your ticket is booked the entire route to Windhoek if travelling this way.
If you choose to travel via South Africa, then you can connect to Namibia with:
- Airlink (transit via Cape Town or Johannesburg)
- Fly Namibia (transit via Cape Town or Johannesburg)
As of 15 December 2021, you are required to provide the following documentation on arrival in Namibia:
- Negative COVID-19 PCR test not older than 72 hours – This is calculated from the time of swabbing to arrival in Namibia!
- Completed Covid-19 Surveillance Form
- Completed Health Questionnaire For Tourism Revival Initiative Travelers Form
- Proof of Travel/Medical Insurance that covers unforeseen expenses (extended stay) in the event of testing positive to COVID-19 in Namibia.
- From 15th January 2022, all travellers, to and from Namibia that are required to get a PCR test before travelling will be required to use the Trusted Travel System. Click here for more information.
Get in touch if you need us to send you any of these forms!
What tours are available:
We are back running our weekly guaranteed safari departures all over Namibia, as well as our day trips around Windhoek. While these are group tours, with the ongoing pandemic, our capacity has been reduced, so these tours will not run at more than 80% capacity, but realistically they are not full, so you have plenty of seats to space out in the vehicles. If you are looking to explore Namibia, check out our tour options!
Have we got specials for you!!!
For travel until the 31st March 2022, we are including:
- Return airport transfers
- 1-night pre & 2 nights post-safari accommodation at Chameleon Backpackers Windhoek, Namibia
- Outbound PCR or Antigen Covid test
when booking any of the following safaris:
- 6 Day Dunes & Wildlife Safari
- 9 Day Canyons, Dunes & Wildlife
- 9 Day Etosha, Skeleton Coast & Sossusvlei
- 12 Day Classic Namibia
This is a saving of approx. N$3500 per person!
While you are here:
We are proud to report that Chameleon aims to provide you with the safest possible experience in Namibia. This includes:
- Our vehicles being sanitised before every departure and the guides regularly sanitising high traffic areas, including door handles and handrails
- Checking temperatures of guests and guides regularly
- Maintaining social distancing in the vehicle by limiting capacity to 75% on tours
- Reminding guests of national protocols such as hand sanitising and mask-wearing
Chameleon Safaris team has also taken further steps to ensure everyone’s safety by getting vaccinated, and we are pretty excited about that!
COVID testing on departure from Namibia:
While these requirements continue to change, PCR and antigen testing is available in Namibia at the cost of between N$400 – N$1200, depending on the test required. Should you require PCR testing for onward travel from Namibia, we recommend spending at least 2 nights in Windhoek (at Chameleon Backpackers, of course) for results.
For more information on testing, check out www.covidtestnam.com – tests can be pre-booked and turn around time for results for a N$900 PCR test is 14hours.
Testing can be done on return to Windhoek at both the northern & southern roadblocks and is available Monday – Sunday from 8h00 – 17h00.
Cancellation policy on Chameleon Safaris:
We understand that travel now is incredibly uncertain, so we have made our cancellation policy as flexible as possible during this time.
Book your seat on any Chameleon tour for travel until 31st March 2021 and pay your 20 % deposit to confirm your booking and pay your balance on receipt of your negative PCR results prior to arrival in Namibia. Can’t travel, then no problem your deposit will be allocated as a credit towards your new travel date.
Got more questions? Drop us a message, give us a call on +264 61 247 668, shoot us a WhatsApp on +264 81 8899 452 or send us a note by carrier pigeon or any other way you like to communicate and we will get back to you!2