What's Included on our camping safaris in Namibia
Joining a camping safari with Chameleon Safaris is designed to be an easy, stress-free and comfortable experience. We eliminate the hassle and provide an enjoyable, comfortable safari, a good night’s rest and tasty meals.
With over 20 years of operating safaris in Namibia, we know what makes for a great safari experience. This extends to planning the best routes, finding excellent campsites and continuously improving and innovating the Namibian safari experience. One of the joys of travelling with Chameleon is our dedicated and knowledgeable guides who love Namibia and want to share all its hidden gems with you!
We do not believe that camping is an ordeal, be prepared to set aside your childhood memories of sleeping in a cold, wet tent, savouring a tin of baked beans for dinner, and heading home early as the entire trip was a disaster. Instead, we aim to change your mind about the camping experience and re-introduce it as a way to enjoy nature to its fullest without compromising on comfort.
When travelling with Chameleon Safaris, all you need to bring is:
- A sleeping bag (or we will rent you one – they are thoroughly cleaned after every trip)
- A towel
- Clothes (bring something warm as night in the desert can be surprisingly cold)
- Any personal items (medication etc.)
- We will send you a recommended packing list after booking the safari (but think about walking shoes, a wide-brimmed hat etc.)
- Some spending money (along the route, you will be able to purchase snacks and drinks)
We provide a comprehensive set of camping equipment which includes:
- Dome style tent with mattress and pillow
- All cutlery and crockery
- Chairs to sit around the campfire
- Extra blanket in the winter months
Also, include on our safaris:
- Campsites at most locations and guest house accommodation in Swakopmund
- Pick up and drop off before and after your safari (we do recommend booking at Chameleon Backpackers & Guest House)
- Meals are prepared over a campfire. Meals as per itinerary, mostly three meals a day apart from Swakopmund.
- Park fees
- Game drives & activities as per our itinerary (on some itineraries, optional activities may be available – your guide will advise you about these and assist in booking them)
- Safari vehicle and English speaking guide
Spending a night under the Namibian stars is a remarkable experience and a real privilege. At Chameleon Safaris, we cannot wait to share our passion for exploring Namibia under canvas with you.